I will be in Washington DC for National Train Day on May 9. It would be cool to meet any of my readers at the events! Leave a comment, and let’s plan to meet! Ironically, I’m taking BoltBus to National Train Day, because it was only $2.50 round trip from New York City!
AboutI'm an urban planner and alternative transit advocate living in NYC. This blog contains thoughts on living car free and being transit friendly, as well as developments in America related to public transit and alternate modes of transportation.
Email me at:
Follow me on Twitter! I tweet about all types of things - politics, my adventures, transit and urban planning!
- Live somewhere cool? Send me maps!
- How to: Enjoy a car free lifestyle
- How to: Get Groceries while car-free
- How much would you pay for transit?
- MTA to NYC: Drop Dead
- Follow me on Twitter!
- Driving and Texting now banned in Georgia
- I’m Still Car Free and Other Thoughts
- World Carfree Day is September 22
- Staten Island Ferry Adds “Quiet Zones”
Books to Read
- Bourgeois Utopias: The Rise And Fall Of Suburbia
- The Power Broker: Robert Moses and the Fall of New York
- MetroGreen: Connecting Open Space in North American Cities
- Hot, Flat, and Crowded: Why We Need a Green Revolution--and How It Can Renew America
- Taking the High Road: A Metropolitan Agenda for Transportation Reform
- Suburban Nation: The Rise of Sprawl and the Decline of the American Dream
- Carfree Cities
- Who's Your City?: How the Creative Economy Is Making Where to Live the Most Important Decision of Your Life
- American Apartheid: Segregation and the Making of the Underclass
- A Pattern Language: Towns, Buildings, Construction (Center for Environmental Structure Series)